November 29, 2011
Hosted by Patricia Hirsch, MCC, MBA

Micki McMillan

 

TOPIC:
“Transformational Coaching – Creating and Sustaining Meaning Change for Leaders”

LISTEN HERE:

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

GUEST:
Micki McMillan, MEd., MCC

SHOW DESCMicki McMillanRIPTION:
Our conversation explores the principles of Transformational Coaching, which occurs at the intersection of Systems Thinking, Learning, Personal Responsibility, and Skillful Communications. This coaching methodology helps leaders observe the big picture, evaluate their role, and speculate about possibilities. This allows leaders to generate and sustain critical results. The coach who facilitates this has powerful tools. But tools account for only 20 percent of the success; the other 80 percent is the tool user. She must have pristine self-awareness, deep compassion, and keen organizational acumen to be successful. The coach must master and live the principles of Transformational Coaching to effectively serve. Otherwise she at risk of letting her ego drive the coaching, which is harmful to not only the client, but to herself. In our session, we will discuss the qualities and skills required for transformational coaches, and pose challenging questions for all of us to ponder.

BIO:

Micki McMillan MEd.,MCC, is CEO and co-founder of the Blue Mesa Group, a firm that supports senior leaders’ success through executive coaching and proven leadership skills.

Once the highest ranking woman in utility operations, Micki has deep insights into the challenges executives face in competitive cultures. With twenty years of executive coach experience, Micki is one of just over 600 Master Certified Coaches in the world. Micki coaches executives and teams at The Coca-Cola Company, Merck & Co., Yale Health, Colorado State University, Entergy, Trinity Health, Centura Health and Royal Dutch Shell. She has vast experience in world regions, including Asia, Australia and Europe.

Micki also coaches fellow coaches. She is Program Director for the ICF accredited Transformational Coaching Program. Graduates are qualified to become Professional Certified Coaches. The program emphasis is learning to learn, systems thinking, and emotional intelligence.

CONTACT:
www.BlueMesaGroup.com
www.BeTransformational.com
970.221.5063
info@betransformational.com

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestlinkedinmail